1. First, today is 50 degrees and GORGEOUS! I have been praying for good spring weather for a while, and this weekend has been fabulous. We have been outside pretty much all day yesterday, today, and will be tomorrow. Our neighborhood is perfect for walks/runs/bike rides...all of which we have done this weekend :). I am so blessed to live in such a safe pocket. If you drive 5-10 minutes from our house Cleveland starts to look not so pretty. Thanks to my sister Elise for directing us to the best location we could have asked for!
2. I have an amazing husband. He takes the Step One exam this coming Wednesday and has worked his medical-school-rear-end off! It will be the biggest test of his life. Tim is so self motivated and hard working. All week he has been up at 5 or 6 and studies till 6 or dinner. I know he'll knock this test out of the water!! Even though this week has been crucial for his test, he still made time for me, Max, and his church responsibilities. What a guy, eh?!?! You totally have this Tim!!
3. There is this 2 1/2 year old booger that I get to hang out with everyday who makes me laugh, cry, lose sleep, jump, so frustrated sometimes, read stories, play hide and seek, color, dance, sing songs, have nervous break downs when he runs into the street, play soccer, make cookie dough, snuggle up nice and warm, pop popcorn, and most of all the happiest mom on earth. These past couple of weeks, I have heard of a couple of tragic stories where families have lost their toddlers or babies due to sickness or unknown causes. I am so so thankful for our healthy and crazy Max. I have kind of been sentimental this week and find myself just crying tears of joy for what a blessing he is to me and Tim. I love him so much!
4. Another huge blessing is that the sweet little bean growing in me is healthy and strong as well. We found out that last week that Max is going to have a little BROTHER! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it! Yes, someday a girl would be nice, but I can't wait to have another buddy for our family. Our ultra-sound was a success, and things looked great with the babe. I am 20 weeks today and feel great! Now Tim and I need to agree on a name, not one of our strongest suits.
5. We get to go and see our wonderful families in about 2 months, and I can't wait! I am so blessed to have them in our lives and that they actually want us to come home. We are counting down the days!! I might have told Max a little too soon about the airplane ride and fun things we're going to do. It is all he talks about...! My dear dear friend Michelle is going to get married to her high-school sweetheart and we will be able to go while out West! I'm so happy for them and can't wait to be there on her special day. Tim will have no homework or school obligations while we're visiting, so it will be a true vacation for all of us!
6. Lastly, I am so blessed to have a loving Savior who lived, died, and was resurrected for all of us Teaching Max about the true meaning of Easter this week has been a sweet experience. "Jesus went night night 3 days and then woke up! An Angel moved a big rock and He came out of a cave..." Max didn't quite get the tomb idea, so Tim adapted to calling it a cave. Max will come up to me at random moments and say, "Mama, what happened to Jesus?" He is a sponge when it comes to teaching him new information. I love teaching him the stories in the scriptures and gospel principals. What a blessing the gospel is for our family!
|Silly boys before our green dinner!|
|Happy Easter everyone! Max and I made this |
mask. My lack of artistic ability is pretty sad, Max is starting to draw better than me.
Oh well, I knew the day would come...!