Sunday, June 26, 2011

Catching up part 3: Bear Lake!

Every year, my mom's side of the family go up to Bear Lake right
by Logan.  We had such a fun time!  The lake was FREEZING, so
we steered clear from it this year.  We had so much fun hanging out and talking,
playing Frisbee, soccer, and volley ball.  We went and got  the BEST raspberry shakes, played ticket to
ride, watched movies, and laughed our heads off.  I love this tradition,
and am so glad that we were able to do it one more time before we leave. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Brockbank!
(No, I was not trying to dress up Max like a Rabbi.  We were about to take a dip in the pool.
 This little guy is such a good
sport to put up with a crazy mom!)
The highlight of the Bear Lake trip though was the family 10K run/walk/bike ride.
I have been wanting to plan a family run forever, and I finally did it.  I had
so much help from Tim, my parents, and Annie.  It was so much fun, and it turned
out to be a huge success!  Hopefully it will be an annual tradition :)
This is us before the race.  Pretty intense game faces...huh?!?!
This is the whole Brockbank family after the race.  Thanks everyone,
it was the best!!!
The Holt crew!  My parents walked with Max in his jogger, bless
their hearts!!  They were so nice to do that.  Annie and I ran the whole
thing together, and even bought an IPOD connector so we could make
a sweet playlist for both of us to listen to.  Yes, we are total
nerds, but who cares! Tim actually got first place, and smoked us
all!  Way to go babe :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I want a copy of that playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I don't know if you remember me but I was in the Ward at Wymount :) I was reading your blog and saw this post....do you have any suggestions on great places to eat and also the best places to get shakes in Garden City? I'm taking my hubby there for our anniversary but haven't ever been there and can't really find anything online....

    ReplyDelete