Friday, July 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

We are finally able to start calling our little place home.  For about 4 nights in a row now, Tim and I have been setting up camp.  Mr. Max makes things a little more difficult to do (he tries to be such a good helper though...), so we are most productive when he has gone to bed.  It isn't perfect yet, and we still have a lot more to do, but it is getting there.  Tim has been so great in putting up with all of my picky requests.  Everything that has been hung up on our walls has gone through Mr. Mechanical Measuring Man (a.k.a. Tim), and is perfectly centered, straight, and secure.  We have the steps down to hang something up, and there are about 8 or 9 of them.  I am glad Tim is with me, because I get impatient, and want things done fast.  Our house would be cooked and crazy if I were in charge!  Thanks Babe for being so great!
Here is our living room.  We found this sectional at a furniture
store, and it was on sale and the last one in stalk. We were really excited
about it! We rented a U-Haul van for the day and picked this up, our kitchen table, and a computer desk.
Bless Tim's heart...I don't know how he fit all of it in, but whatever he did worked!
We found this rug on a website call the Case Forum (it is like a craigslist, but for
Case students.  We also got a computer chair from the same people, all for a really good deal.)
Hardwood floor is all we got, and we had to get some carpet for our little goose-egged boy.  Poor Max, he
has gotten so many bruises from falling all of over the place. We found a rug that covers
his whole room from a garage sale, which will hopefully minimize the bruises!  Whoot, whoot for garage sales!

The dining room.  I just fell in love with this kitchen table when we saw it on
Craigslist, it was in perfect condition, and has so much more room on it
than our old one.  It think it will last us the 9 years we need it to!  If not,
we'll use it anyway :) 


I just had to take a picture of this little wall.  Thanks to my amazing hubby,
we were able to drill this sturdy shelf into the wall, and I just love how it turned out!
The table in the corner was the kitchen table we had before our new one.
We got it for $10.00 at a garage sale, and now are selling it on craigslist for about
that much!  
My front porch lookin' in!

A home is not complete without this.  Go Cougars!
So I love, love, love Monet paintings, and we found this one at a garage sale
for only $7 dollars!  Tim saw it fist, and yelled that I should get over to where it was.
The lady selling it probably thought we were crazy, especially me, because
I was so stinking excited about finding it at such a good deal!  
Our poor Max has quite the lame room.  So I decided to paint these dinky letters, and mounted
them on his wall a couple of days ago, and they have already fallen off once. Who knows
how long they will last!?!  I want
to get a third ball to put in between the other ones eventually.
Max is still sleeping in his pac 'n' play, and he will be 1 in less than a month
and is way too big for it.
We are horrible parents...
I feel so bad, but hopefully we will get him a suitable crib soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Canda, your place looks so great, the couch, table, walls, and pictures hung...everything!! Good job! I need you to come decorate mine now. Looking at these pictures brings back so many good memories. And for the record, you're not horrible parents for having max in pac'n play, I'm sure he doesn't mind at all! He's so cute.
    We love you guys!! Thanks for the posts, I love reading about your life in the Cleve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, what we used to mount the letters in his room was something from Hobby Lobby. It is called UGlue. It claims to have "the strength of adhesive and the convenience of tape." It has worked really well and when I move the "tape" it doesn't pull off the paint. It was $5, so not inexpensive, but it has been nice.

    ReplyDelete