Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Summer fun!

I have been awful and posting lately.  Me and the boys have made some great memories this summer and I told myself today that I HAD to sit down and blog while the memories are still semi-fresh in my mind.  Luckily both boys are asleep...I better type fast.  I am just going to post a bunch of pics...sorry for the randomness! 
First impression of this picture:  Way random, and totally awkward
mismatched bedding.  My impression: Max's photo (taken himself) of
his neatly made bed (made himself)...his reward for making his bed is that
he gets to take a picture of it.  We have dozens of these pictures, and I just
had to post one.  Such a sweetie!  Side note: yes, someday I hope he will have
cute bedding that matches...but today is not that day...!

Brother love!  I say "Max, gentle with Jake..." probably about 248 times a day :). 

So sweet :). 

Tim's parents are the best and got us this AWESOME kite for this past Easter.  Whenever it
isn't raining and there is a great breeze going on, (which is hardly ever in good old Cleveland...)
Tim and Max both know that it is perfect kite weather. Flying this kite requires a lot of muscle and skill,
but once you get it down it is a blast to fly.  We have had a lot of fun with it, thanks Mom and Dad Ashworth!

Max is still a little too young to fly it by himself, but with a lot of things recently,
he will get the hang of it soon and be better at it than me!

Tim is the master kite flyer by far.  Love this pic :). 

Once again, Jake gets the best jobs:
#1 Hold the kite thingie...

...#2 Eat the kite thingie!
 
Video of the kite
One of my dearest friends Michelle and her hubby Kyle had a job in Virginia this past summer.
On their trek across the country, we were lucky enough to be one of their stopping
points!  Tim, Max, Jake, and me think the world of them and had such a great time!  They only stayed
a couple of days, but that didn't stop us from catching up, playing games, eating yummy food, and of course going on an awesome run in the hot humid heat of Cleveland! Thanks for making our summer Kyle and Michelle, we love you guys!
 
Friends forever! I just love this girl!  

Happy Father's Day Tim!  Max has had a superman kick for who knows how long and insisted
on making a super man card for his Daddy for Father's Day.  Tim is definitely super, that is for sure!  I couldn't have asked for a better Daddy for Max and Jake.  I love him so much and am one lucky woman to be married to him :).   

 

I turned 25!  Crazy!  I have an incredible husband who made me breakfast, and then we
just played with our boys.  We got a babysitter that night and Tim and I biked to get some
ice cream.  It doesn't get much better than that! 

We went camping!  We finally had a weekend when Tim was free and we had a blast!
We got to our site kind of late, but it was still so fun.  Jake was a champ, as usual, and Max
was in his glory.  He had been asking and asking when we were going to go, so his face looked like it does
in this picture the whole trip!  Tim is a pro camper and makes it so enjoyable because he can deal with and do
just about anything outdoors.  It was a gorgeous night, and I enjoyed so much just being with my family.  So fun

Sorry for the awkward angle...I just had to post this with sweet Jake!  All cleanliness, nutrition, and hygiene go
out the window with camping. After I had come to terms with those conditions, I had a great time! 

Good morning Ashworth family!  Love the feeling of waking up in a tent :). 

Happy 4th of July!  I realized that we have hardly taken any pictures of us in our yard.  With Tim graduating this next May, (feels so weird to say that...) I made us take a timed photo before we went to a BBQ with some friends.  Even though our backyard is tiny, next to a parking lot, and not fenced in, we have loved having it and have made many memories :). 

Some of our friends were awesome enough to include us on a fun day at the famous Cedar Point amusement park.  It is
roller coaster heaven for those of you who are that crowd...a.k.a Tim.  I braved one roller coaster with Tim and about lost it (literally...).  We all had so much fun though, and are so glad we had the chance to go before leaving Cleveland.  The weather was perfect and our kids were so good.  While Tim was going crazy on roller coasters, me, Max, and Jake thoroughly enjoyed the ferris wheel :).  Max's face says it all, love it! 

I was so proud of Max braving a bunch of rides I thought he wouldn't go on.  Having said that, he went on this ride probably about 6 or 7 times :).  Just watching him go around and around and around made me want to puke...! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment